About the AHSA Board of Directors
The AHSA Board of Directors is comprised of four Directors appointed by the Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association, and three Directors elected by the membership at large. The Board Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary are selected by the Board members, and an Executive Director is appointed by the Board to manage association business.
The AHSA Board of Directors meets 3 times per year, with additional sub-committees as required. The Board uses the following tools to make effective decisions for the association:
- What do we know about the current realities and evolving dynamics of the AHSA’s environment that is relevant to this decision?
- What do we know about the capacity and strategic position of the AHSA that is relevant to this decision?
- What do we know about our members’ and stakeholders’ needs, wants and preference that is relevant to this decision?
- What are the ethical implications of our choices?
- Honesty - We commit to honesty in our daily interactions. We value and are open to truthful communication.
- Respect - We respect the intrinsic value and equality of every person and organization with whom we interact. We strive to demonstrate respect in all our actions.
- Accountability - We are accountable to members for our decisions, and for the resources and actions of the association. As individuals, we are accountable for our thoughts, words, and actions as members of the AHSA Board of Directors.
- Unity - The authority we have sits with the board as a whole. When decisions are made, the Board demonstrates unity of purpose in its words and actions.
- Strategic Focus - The Board is responsible for planning and directing AHSA’s future. We bring a strategic focus to our work, establishing goals with the well being of our industry and the association in mind.
- Ethical Conduct - As individuals, we are trustworthy, using our knowledge and experience for the benefit of our members, AHSA and the industry as a whole. By living our values, we demonstrate ethical conduct in our professional and board activities.
AHSA Board of DireCTORS
Mr. Matthew KindratChair
General Manager // DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Edmonton // 16615 109 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
Phone: 780 484-0821 // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Sherry ScottVice-Chair
Director of Human Resources // Double Tree by Hilton West Edmonton // 16615 109 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB
Phone: (780) 930-4013 // Email: email@example.com
Mr. David J. KaiserSecretary
President & CEO // Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association // 2707 Ellwood Drive SW, Edmonton, AB
Phone: (780) 436-6112 // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Mark PerryDirector (Appointed)
General Manager // Staybridge Suites West Edmonton // 16929 109 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Phone: (780) 484-6223 // Email: email@example.com
Ms. Tina TobinDirector (Appointed)
General Manager // Edmonton Inn & Conference Centre // 11830 Kingsway NW, Edmonton, AB
Phone: (780) 454-5454 // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org